-->

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Email with Carey P (Pickus)

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Carey P <clpickus@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Ken,
I'm sorry you did not receive my original message - Linkon was not sure which Kyle you were talking about, because he has a few friends from SOTA named Kyle.  Now that you have clarified, Linkon has Kyle's cell phone number, but not his parents' number.  His cell phone number is 415-823-0521.  Linkon was not aware that Kyle had done anything for Caelin like you described, but that does not mean it did not happen.
I wanted to let you know that we appreciate you sharing the information you discovered on Caelin's facebook account, and we have discussed the issues with Linkon.  Linkon is a good kid who is trying to be a good friend to Caelin, but like most teenagers, he doesn't always use perfect judgment.   We've talked with Linkon about making better choices, and about how being a good friend to Caelin means encouraging him to make good choices.  We have a good relationship with Linkon, so if you have any issues with him, we would appreciate if you would address them with us as you have done.
Meanwhile, to be honest, we are a little uncomfortable being in the middle of issues that relate to your relationship with Caelin that do not involve Linkon.  Having fully addressed the issues you've raised regarding Linkon, we would rather not be involved in something that is none of our business.  I hope you understand our discomfort and can appreciate our position. 
thanks,
Carey Pickus

Josh,  Carey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to communicate with me and share your perspective.  I wish you and your family peace and tranquility and apologize that we are in this very awkward relationship at this time.  I should also apologize for not coming to the two of you sooner with the what I understood to have transpired.  However when I first spoke to Caelan about Linkon Caelan told me that Linkon was frequently abused by his father and so convinced me to stay silent.

He also told me that Linkon's younger brother sells drugs in East Palo Alto and that basically you considered Linkon's paryting, drinking, smoking and lying small potatoes by comparision so any report would either fall on deaf ears or result in Linkon being beaten.
I don't pass this along to because I believe any of it but only to demonstrate the disinformation I (and perhaps you) are laboring under.

I certainly am not trying to drag any of you into anything that is not your business and I hope you will understand that I believe Caelan to be a good kid who is trying to be a good friend to Linkon but just makes some inappropriate decisions from time to time.  My hope (which I am certain you share) is that by demonstrating good parenting I can help Caelan and indeed his friends to be come responsible adults.

The most honest rendition I have of the party that Linkon and Caelan had at my house was.  I include Linkon as a host since the two of them had to do some coordinated
1)  We arraigned for Caelan to stay at your place
2)  Caelan and Linkon arrainged to trick Josh into thinking that plan had been changed and they managed to hide Josh's number from  us so that we could not contact you directly.
3)  According to Caelan and only Caelan (since I don't hear any other side of the story)
 Linkon was smoking cigarrete's on my sofa and managed to burn 2 holes in it as well as leaving a few cigarettes around the house.
 Linkon and Kyle drank 2 bottles of very good Sake that was my personal property.
 Linkon or Klye brough pot a pot grinder and bong to my house and go high with Caelan here.

My personal opinion is that we should let Caelan, Kyle and Linkon work together to make restitution for the damage they caused and the items they misappropriated.  I think it is important they do so because that kind of behavior needs to be difficult to perpetrate, not because I feel thee was any malice or ill will involved when they trashed my flat.
I requested this of Caelan as soon as I discovered what happened and I am still asking for it.  If the only way for me to get the kids to act responsibly is to involve the police then reluctantly I will do so and I have in fact contacted SOTA about how best to proceed in that regard.

Kenneth


yours in peace

No comments: