-->

Friday, January 18, 2013

Thoughts from email with Susan A.

My first question is do you think SOTA is doing the right things with regards to the drug problems there?

What concerns me is that both the kids and the school for different reasons see privacy as more important than disseminating information.

My experience was that my son cooperated with his peers to make sure I was as far out of the loop as possible and I think as long as that is the case, we parents will be unable to provide the right support to the school and the school will be unable to provide the right support to us.

I think the first place to go with this is the PTA.  Maybe there could be a parent committee or something?

I've been grasping for resources on how to address my issues with my son and anything you can tell me will I thin probably help me and help him.

Further I would like to help other parents and kids by changing the cultural factors that enable the kids to hide from us as well as they do.

No comments: