-->

Monday, May 13, 2013

What Caelan's actions tell us about his beliefs: (5/13/13)


I only want to learn from myself:
- I am trying to become independent.
- I dont see anyone interested in ME.
- I am afraid of "being taken over".

Engagement in school.

LearningStewards.org

Caelan has adopted contempt as a way to maintain his stability.

May be avoiding enjoyment.

Saying no looking for a sense of power.

Sense of self worth prompts him to protect himself by denial.

Affect needs freedom thought needs limits.

Any creature who moves through space needs feelings (to fell other physical objects and interact with them).

The affect system is designed to move you towards what's good and away from whats bad.

He has learned to stay away from those things that will hurt him.

Encourage the feeling and question the thought.

Accept what you feel.  You can't get there from not here.

In learning you come to "confusion".  When you are learning you are in a flow.  If the flow stutters, the brain stutters,  That moment Is the critical moment.

Change is learning.  Learning is who you are.  Not just what you do.
You are the only person who can teach yourself.

No comments: