-->

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Children's Legal Defense

Good Morning Kenneth and Susan,

Raul Arroyo-Mendoza and I have been reviewing the documents that Susan forwarded from the school.  The school has already sent the "expulsion packet" which is, essentially, everything they think we should need.  However, it is missing some information that I think is important (e.g. the name of the security guard, the text records, contact info for their witnesses, etc).  Raul and I are going to speak to our supervising attorney tomorrow morning, and we will ask her about requesting specific additional information from the school.

The expulsion packet did include the number of the police report, but the Records Bureau has not been authorized to release it yet.  We have to request it  and then Records will check with the officers who filed the report before releasing it.  It is not clear how long that whole process takes but I'm starting it today. 

Raul or I will contact you tomorrow after we have spoken to our supervising attorney.  

Talk to you soon,

Rebecca Yates

P.S. Kenneth, I have cc'ed Raul, his e-mail address is rmendoza@berkeley.edu
Good Morning Kenneth and Susan,
Raul Arroyo-Mendoza and I have been reviewing the documents that Susan forwarded from the school.  The school has already sent the "expulsion packet" which is, essentially, everything they think we should need.  However, it is missing some information that I think is important (e.g. the name of the security guard, the text records, contact info for their witnesses, etc).  Raul and I are going to speak to our supervising attorney tomorrow morning, and we will ask her about requesting specific additional information from the school.
The expulsion packet did include the number of the police report, but the Records Bureau has not been authorized to release it yet.  We have to request it  and then Records will check with the officers who filed the report before releasing it.  It is not clear how long that whole process takes but I'm starting it today. 
Raul or I will contact you tomorrow after we have spoken to our supervising attorney.  
Talk to you soon,
Rebecca Yates

No comments: